Which Student Loan repayment plan do you have?
So there are basically two student loan repayment plans:
Repayment plan 1
The Student Loan repayment plan 1 is for you if:
- You were or are an English or Welsh student who started before 1 September 2012
- You were or are a Scottish or Northern Irish student
- You start repaying when you earn over £17,775. This amount changes on 6 April every year
Repayment plan 2
The Student Loan repayment plan 2 is for you if:
- You were or are an English or Welsh student who started on or after 1 September 2012.
- You start repaying when you earn over £21,000.
Want to find out more about your Student Loan?
Want to see if there’s a better way to repay your student loan debt? Check out these great resources.
Here are a few links to other interesting articles:
Want to see how salary sacrifice may affect your take home salary?
Do you have a question, some feedback about this article or need help with our calculator?
Leave us a message and we’ll come back to you as soon as possible.